Admittedly, desserts and health don't usually go hand-in-hand, but don't forget just how yummy healthy food can be. With its abundance of seeds, nuts and dried fruit, this fudge manages to be nutritious and delicious. Tuck in! Serves 8.
- 6 tbsps maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsps peanut butter
- 2 oz (55g) sesame seeds
- 2 oz (55g) sunflower seeds
- 1 oz (55g) cocoa powder (or 2 oz carob)
- 1 oz (30g) dessicated coconut
- 1 oz (30g) sultanas
- Combine the maple syrup and peanut butter in a saucepan, and heat gently, stirring continually with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add all the remaining ingredients, except sultanas, mixing well.
- Grease a small tin and press the mixture into it, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with sultanas and press them into the fudge.
- Refrigerate until firm, then serve.