Nicecream is cool, creamy and easily satisfies a sweet tooth.
For the nicecream
- 5 bananas (peeled, roughly chopped & frozen)
- 1/2 cup (71g) of unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 10 tsp of almond milk
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
For the strawberry drizzle
- 2 cups (304g) of strawberries (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup (250ml) of water
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
For the topping
- Strawberries (finely sliced)
- Coconut chips
- Pistachio nuts
- Chia seeds
Place the frozen bananas, almond milk, maple syrup, pistachio nuts and chia seeds into a food processor/blender, and whizz up until the consistency turns like Ice-cream. This will taken around 3-4 minutes. If it's too thick, just add more almond milk until it's smooth enough.
For the drizzle
- Place the strawberries, water and maple syrup into a saucepan on the hob, and gently heat until the strawberries become soft.
- Transfer the soft strawberries into a food blender and blend until smooth.
- Place back into the pan and turn up the heat until it reduces down.
- Once it's prepared, place into a bowl or container and place into the fridge to slightly thicken and keep cool.
Recipe taken from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan
Since you're here...
Join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 100 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, podcast extra, access to a vegan dietitian and a community of vegans and much more.