Nicecream is cool, creamy and easily satisfies a sweet tooth.
For the nicecream
- 5 bananas (peeled, roughly chopped & frozen)
- 1/2 cup (71g) of unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 10 tsp of almond milk
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
For the strawberry drizzle
- 2 cups (304g) of strawberries (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup (250ml) of water
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
For the topping
- Strawberries (finely sliced)
- Coconut chips
- Pistachio nuts
- Chia seeds
Place the frozen bananas, almond milk, maple syrup, pistachio nuts and chia seeds into a food processor/blender, and whizz up until the consistency turns like Ice-cream. This will taken around 3-4 minutes. If it's too thick, just add more almond milk until it's smooth enough.
For the drizzle
- Place the strawberries, water and maple syrup into a saucepan on the hob, and gently heat until the strawberries become soft.
- Transfer the soft strawberries into a food blender and blend until smooth.
- Place back into the pan and turn up the heat until it reduces down.
- Once it's prepared, place into a bowl or container and place into the fridge to slightly thicken and keep cool.
Recipe taken from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan