Okay, so we've established that vegan cuisine is so much more than rabbit food, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy salads now and again too.
- 3 oz (85g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 1 handful of flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vegan cider vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the cabbage as finely as possible and grate the apple.
- Toast the flaked almonds in an un-greased pan over a very high heat. Make sure that they do not stick by stirring them with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as they are browned add them to the cabbage and apple, along with the other ingredients. Toss and serve immediately.
Not all ready-ground spices are gluten-free as they may have been mixed with flour to stop the spices from clumping. If you are concerned contact the relevant company to confirm, or grind your own spices.
Since you're here...
Join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 100 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, podcast extra, access to a vegan dietitian and a community of vegans and much more.