- 2 courgettes
- 10ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 30g ground almonds
- 50ml vegan cream
- 60g breadcrumbs from dried ciabatta bread
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp yeast flakes
- 5g parsley finely chopped
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- Par cook the courgettes. Plunge the courgettes in cold water for a few minutes and cut in half.
- Scoop out the centre flesh, set aside.
- Sauté the onions and add half of the scooped courgette pulp and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add almonds, vegan cream, breadcrumbs, salt, yeast flakes and parsley and mix well.
- Pack the mixture into the courgette hollows and bake in a preheated oven 200C for 12 minutes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Copyright: The Vegan Society 2018 Recipe development: Chico Francesco, London Vegetarian & Vegan School https://londonvegetarianschool.co.uk/ Food stylist: Jo Brewer Photographer: Sue Hiscoe Ceramics by Gemma Whitaker.