You won’t feel the need to restrict these to just pancake day – these are great all year round! Keep them traditional with sugar and lemon juice or add dahl, hummous or guacamole for a savoury experience.
- 4 oz (115g) wholemeal flour
- 2 oz (55g) soya flour
- 13 fl oz (375ml) soya milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Sieve the flours into a bowl. Gradually whisk in the soya milk to make a smooth sauce. Add the oil. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Drop 1-3 tbsp of the mixture in to a frying pan containing hot oil. When one side is cooked, flip over and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and serve with sugar and lemon juice.
Other fillings include maple syrup, chocolate sauce, soya cream, soya ice cream, stir fry vegetables drizzled with peanut sauce, cream cheese and herbs, tofu, leek and mushroom.