- 4 oz (115g) plain flour
- 1 tsp chickpea flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 pint (285ml) soy milk
- Sift 4 oz plain flour, 1 teaspoon of chickpea flour with a pinch of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add 1/2 pint of soy milk a bit at a time, stirring well until the mix is smooth.
- Get a yorkshire tin, fill each basin 1/3 full with vegetable oil. Put in the hot oven for 5 mins. Carefully remove the tin from the oven and put the batter mix into the hot oiled basins. They will bubble a bit.
- Put back in the oven and cook for 20-30 mins depending on the whims of your oven.
- You can use the same batter mix for pancakes, and if you add less milk, thick US style pancakes!