- 4 oz (115g) plain flour
- 1 tsp chickpea flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 pint (285ml) soy milk
- Sift 4 oz plain flour, 1 teaspoon of chickpea flour with a pinch of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add 1/2 pint of soy milk a bit at a time, stirring well until the mix is smooth.
- Get a yorkshire tin, fill each basin 1/3 full with vegetable oil. Put in the hot oven for 5 mins. Carefully remove the tin from the oven and put the batter mix into the hot oiled basins. They will bubble a bit.
- Put back in the oven and cook for 20-30 mins depending on the whims of your oven.
- You can use the same batter mix for pancakes, and if you add less milk, thick US style pancakes!
Since you're here...
Join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 100 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, podcast extra, access to a vegan dietitian and a community of vegans and much more.