Flavour, texture, consistency … this is a dead ringer for the real thing!
- 4 tbsp soya milk
- 1/2 tsp grain mustard or mustard powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 7/8 cup (7 fl oz / 200ml) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Blend together the soya milk, mustard, lemon juice, cider vinegar and ½ clove garlic.
- Keep the blender running and add the oil gradually, in a thin stream. By the time you have added all the oil the mayonnaise should be thick.
- Season to taste and keep in the fridge until needed. It will keep for a few days.
Based on a recipe in Vegan Feasts by Rose Elliot.