For the pancake
- 2 medium ripe bananas (approx 100 g each)
- 1 cup (250 g) unsweetened fortified soya milk
- ½ cup (62 g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (45 g) porridge oats
- ½ tsp (2 g) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (10 g) chia seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp (18 g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup frozen (155 g) blueberries
- 1tbsp (15 g) maple syrup (other syrup such as agave could be used)
Recipe serves 2
- Blend 1 banana, flour, oats, and milk together. If you don’t have a blender, you could mash the banana well and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Mix in the baking powder and chia seeds and leave it to sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the frying pan on a high heat and once hot, turn down to a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, use a ladle to pour the mixture to create your desired size of pancakes.
- Once you see bubbles forming in the batter, you can use a spatula to look underneath to see if the pancake is turning golden brown.
- Once golden brown, flip the pancake to the other side and cook for approximately one minute before removing it from the pan.
- Continue this process until all the mixture has been used. While your pancakes are cooking, you can keep the finished ones warm on a baking tray in a low oven.
- To prepare the blueberries, heat them in a pan with 2 tbsp water and heat until they are soft.
- Stack your pancakes and layer with a drizzle of peanut butter, and top with your blueberries, maple syrup and banana. Feel free to top with other available fruits and enjoy!
Approximate cost per portion*: £1.29
*Approximate cost calculated using average prices from three main supermarket retailers in the UK. Price data accurate as of June 2022.