- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 4 bulbs of fresh beetroot
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 potato
- 15 ml rapeseed oil
- When peeling your vegetables, save the skins in an airtight container in the fridge. If you’re feeding a family, one mealtime could create enough crisps; if not keep adding to this throughout the week.
- Once you have a full container, wash the skins in a colander, drain and place on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with a little rapeseed oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven preheated to 200 °C for 10 minutes until crisp (recipe works just as well in an air fryer).
- Once cooked transfer onto a paper towel or muslin cloth to absorb some of the oil, and leave to cool for 5 minutes before devouring.