A salmon and cream cheese bagel generates 3.5 times more CO2e than a vegan omelette, and a full English breakfast generates 17.2 times more CO2e.
From Vegan Sandra
- 6 heaping tablespoons chickpea flour (it should be superfine, "Papa" flour and TRS gram flour are perfect for example)
- ½ teaspoon salt pinch of ground black pepper
- 16 tablespoons water
- 2 medium onions a big bunch of fresh herbs (dill, spring onions and basil for example)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Mix chickpea flour with salt and pepper. Add water and mix until you have a creamy omelette batter. Add thinly sliced onions and chopped herbs. Mix everything together.
- Heat up some oil on a smaller pan. Scoop all the batter onto the pan and spread it out with a spoon so you have a nice round omelette.
- Cook for a few minutes (don’t cover the pan with a lid!). Flip the omelette over (use a thin spatula) and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the heat. Let it cool a little bit, cut it and serve it on bread or as a side with your morning porridge or some other dish.