Carbon emissions: 0.56kg per serving
By Katy Beskow, from 15 Minute Vegan Comfort Food
This soup is delicious as part of a picnic. Ladle into an insulated flask while hot and swirl over the soya cream just before eating.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, extra for garnish
- 300g frozen peas
- 800ml hot vegetable stock
- Generous handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Generous handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Juice of ½ unwaxed lemon
- 4 tbsp soya cream, to finish
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 2–3 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and chilli flakes, and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the frozen peas and vegetable stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully ladle into a highpowered blender. Blitz until smooth, then stir in the parsley and mint.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Pour into bowls and finish with a swirl of soya cream, and a sprinkle of chilli flakes if you like.