An individual pork pie generates 3.6 times more CO2e than lentil tabbouleh, and a Cornish pasty generates 6.7 times more CO2e.
From Jamie Oliver
- 200 grams puy lentils
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 200 grams ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 large bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large bunch of fresh mint extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Rinse the lentils, then cook in plenty of salted water until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions, halve the tomatoes, then pick and finely chop the herb leaves.
- Mix the cooled lentils with the spring onions, tomatoes, herbs and 4 tablespoons of oil. Add the lemon juice to taste, season with sea salt and black pepper, then serve.