A ham and cheese sandwich generates 1.7 times more CO2e than a refried bean wrap.
Makes 4 wraps
- one can spicy or green chili organic vegan refried beans
- 4 10-inch round wraps, lightly warmed if desired thinly shredded romaine lettuce, as needed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted briny olives or sliced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-cured) fresh or pickled jalapeño pepper slices, optional
- Combine half of the refried beans in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water, and work together with a fork until smooth, to thin the beans out a bit (most canned refried beans are too dense to spread.
- Divide the refried beans between the four wraps and spread evenly.
- Arrange a mound of lettuce down the centre of one wrap. Arrange a quarter of the avocado slices over it, then a layer of tomatoes. Sprinkle with olives or dried tomatoes, and finally the optional jalapeños. Repeat with the other wraps.
- Fold ends over the row of avocado and tomato, then wrap snugly. Cut each in half crosswise. Serve at room temperature and eat out of hand.