Non-vegan chocolate cake generates 5.3 times more CO2e than vegan chocolate chip cookies, and crème brûlée generates 10.4 times more CO2e.
Makes around 30 cookies
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla paste
- 340 grams dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup of softened soy margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder)
- Place the margarine, brown sugar and sugar in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, place the flour, salt and baking soda.
- With a hand mixer, blend together the soy margarine and sugars. Once blended, add the soy milk and vanilla. Mix well; the mixture should be a creamy consistency.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamy ingredients, mix with a hand mixer or a wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. (I like to use a tablespoon to scoop up the dough and make them consistent in size.) Bake at 180 C for about 8-10 minutes or until edges are brown. If you like chewy cookies, take them out of the oven right as the edges turn light brown.