Try your hand at this Italian classic – perfect for a quick lunch or a shareable starter.
- 1 fresh ciabatta loaf
- 3 tbsp vegetable or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves torn into small pieces
- 2 tins mixed bean salad, drained
- Black pepper, to taste
- 50 g rocket leaves
- Slice the ciabatta loaf into 1 cm thick slices and drizzle with the oil. Place onto a lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven on a medium heat until the bread is golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and rub the garlic clove over the bread slices to scent them.
- Dice up the tomatoes and mix with the red onions, basil leaves and tinned mixed beans. Check the seasoning.
- To serve, put 2 of the ciabatta bruschetta onto a plate, top with the tomato and bean mix and add the rocket leaves on top.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 recipe)
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|