Here at The Vegan Society, we work with the British Dietetic Association to show that well-planned vegan diets can support healthy living in people of all ages. On our website you will find our nutrition and health resources that provide information on various nutrients and their food sources.
In our Nutrition Hub, which you will have exclusive access to as a Vegan Society member, you will have access to the following:
- Our ‘Ask the dietitians’ service where you can ask a question relating to your health and nutrition. This goes directly to our email inbox, and we aim to respond within 5 working days.
- Our Nutrition Hhub ‘hot topic’ section where we discuss a topic on vegan nutrition that may be particularly relevant at a time or one that people may often have questions about.
- A health and nutrition article and recipe written by us featured in the charity’s quarterly magazine – The Vegan.
- Our monthly nutrition tip in our member’s newsletter
For just £2 a month your financial support goes a long way in enabling us to continue to help people become vegan and thrive on a vegan diet. Some of the ways in which we do this are by:
- Providing up to date nutrition and health resources on our website including VNutrition – our very own app.
- Informing the nutrition and health information included in the charity’s campaigns
- Answering questions via phone call and email relating to vegan health and nutrition to the public, the vegan community, caterers and health and nutrition professionals.
- Attending events and giving talks on vegan health and nutrition.
- Writing articles and speaking to the media on various aspects relating to vegan health and nutrition.
- Recipe development for various projects.
- And so much more!
The nutrition team play a vital role in supporting and promoting evidence-based health and nutrition information, correcting misinformation, and helping the vegans of today and future generations to thrive! We can’t do the work that we do without the support of our members. So, thank you again for considering partnering with us to make veganism mainstream.
You can join today by completing our quick and simple online form. As a registered charity we rely on our members, and we are so grateful to everyone who supports us. For just £2 a month, your membership will go towards helping us to spread the word of veganism and create a world where animals are free to exist in their own right.