- 3-4 oz (75-100g) vegan margarine
- 9 oz (250g) vegan digestive biscuits
- 1 lb (450g) firm tofu, mashed
- juice of one and a half oranges
- 1 banana or rind of 1 orange
- 2 oz (55g) cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 oz (55g) sugar
- 2-4 tbsp soya milk
- Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan.
- Crush the digestive biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Remove margarine from heat and mix in biscuit crumbs.
- Press into 11" flan tin.
- Mix the tofu, orange juice, banana or orange rind, cocoa, oil and sugar to a smooth consistency — preferably in a food processor. If it doesn't mix well, add a few tablespoons soya milk.
- Place over the base and smooth the top.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes at 175ºC.
- Remove from oven, cool and chill overnight in fridge.
- Add topping of your choice e.g. slices of orange or grated chocolate.