Another family favourite recipe here - and yet another classic meal that you don't have to give up just because you're plant-based.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large leek, washed and sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 oz (45g) rice flour
- 14 fl oz (400ml) soya milk
- 14 fl oz (400ml) water
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 block of vegan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 oz (40g) engevita yeast flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large cauliflower
- Fry the leeks gently in the oil until just cooked (10-20 minutes).
- Add the ground cumin and flour. Cook for about 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Take off the heat and add the soya milk and water. Add a bit at a time, stirring in completely each time. Put back on a medium heat and gently bring to the boil. If there are any lumps whisk the sauce to get rid of them.
- Add the mustard, marmite, vegan cheese and yeast flakes and bring slowly to the boil. Simmer very gently for a few minutes until the vegan cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile steam or boil the cauliflower and serve with the sauce on top.