If you're making this tasty soup for dinner why not try making a double batch to take for lunch the next day - a real time saver.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vegan margarine
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 3 cups (1 1/4 pts / 750ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (9 fl oz / 250ml) water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 3/8 cups (7oz / 200g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz / 125ml) soya milk
- 1 scant tsp cornflour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh herbs, e.g. chives or tarragon
- Saute onion in oil and margarine until softened. Add flour and stir for 2-3 minutes. Take saucepan off heat and add two ladles of vegetable stock. Whisk until completely smooth and then add remaining stock, water and sugar. Return to heat.
- Stir peas into soup and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Mix soya milk with cornflour, pour slowly into soup and reheat until almost boiling. Liquidise with a blender and season to taste.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and sprinkle with chopped herbs, if using. Serve with herb or garlic bread.