An Afro-Caribbean inspired dish perfect for sharing with friends and family.
Serves 4 people
- 2 cups of pasta
- 280g pack of tofu
- 1 low-fat can of coconut milk
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp wet jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 scotch bonnet
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut your tofu into cubes, add your cornflour and tofu into an airtight container and shake until the tofu is covered evenly.
- Add your tofu to a baking tray with greaseproof paper and bake for 18 mins at 200oC
- Boil pasta until cooked then drain and set aside
- In a large frying pan, add your olive oil, onions and peppers and fry for 5 minutes
- Add your garlic, scallion and wet jerk sauce and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add your scotch bonnet, coconut milk, and thyme and simmer for 8 minutes
- Cook for a further 5 mins and add your cheese. Once the cheese has melted, add your cooked pasta and baked tofu to the frying pan
- Serve and enjoy
Serves 4 / Approximate cost* per portion: £1.97
Recipe credit to Daniel Grant (@dannylonglegz)
*Approximate cost based on 4 portions and calculated using average prices from main supermarket retailers in the UK. Price data accurate as of March 2023.