A bacon sandwich generates 1.8 times more CO2e than overnight oats, and a full English breakfast generates 6.4 times more CO2e.
From Oh She Glows
- 4 large ripe/spotty banana, mashed
- 8 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- In a small bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth. Now stir in the chia seeds and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the oats, almond milk, and vanilla (if using). Cover and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 2 hours.
- In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. If your Vegan Overnight Oats have a runny consistency even after they soak, simply stir in an additional 1 tablespoon chia seeds and place the mixture back in the fridge until it has thickened up. If the oat mixture is too thick, simply add a splash of milk and stir to combine
- Suggested toppings include granola, fresh fruit, coconut flakes, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, nuts and seeds and banana soft serve.