Sometimes you just can't beat a good curry. Instead of shelling out cash for a greasy take-away, why not give this light and tasty recipe a try? Serves 4.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 plantain, peeled and sliced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 inch root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans of spinach, thoroughly drained
- A good fistful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Fry the plantain over a med-high heat until golden.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and salt. Fry for a couple of minutes, then add the drained spinach.
- Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if required.
- When ready, throw in the coriander, stir and serve with rice.