The best vegan and quesadilla recipe, served with fresh salad and homemade Mexican sides! Serves 4-5.
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 3 large plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 carton of cooked kidney beans
- 4 green jalapeños (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp fajita seasoning
- Grated vegan cheese
- Heat up the oil in a large wok.
- Shallow fry the chopped onion and garlic on a low heat until golden, then add in the red and yellow pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes until softened, then add in the kidney beans, tomato, jalapeños and seasoning.
- Cook for around 5-10 minutes until soft. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking!
- Line baking trays with grease proof paper and lay down the tortilla wraps.
- Divide the filling onto each wrap (only one half) and follow with grated vegan cheese. Fold over the tortilla wrap.
- Cook for around 5 minutes or until lightly brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut the quesadillas in half, and serve whilst warm.
Recipe from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan