It’s nearly here! With Christmas just around the corner, so many brands across the UK are releasing tasty new festive treats just in time for the big day.
Whether this is your first vegan Christmas, or you’re just looking for something new to try this year, we’ve got you covered. To help you out, we’ve pulled together a simple guide to some vegan Christmas dinner alternatives that are all certified with the Vegan Trademark.
What is the Vegan Trademark?
When you see the Vegan Trademark on a product, this means that the ingredients, as well as the making process, have been checked to ensure they contain no animal products or by-products. It also means that the product has not been tested on animals during any part of the production process, so you can rest assured that you don’t have to check through every ingredient to make sure it’s vegan.
Vegan Christmas Options
Now that there are more vegan options than ever before, vegans no longer have to settle for just a few sprouts and potatoes.
We’ve chosen this range specifically because these products are readily available in supermarkets and local stores. However, if you’re shopping in person, do make sure to double-check, as they may not be in stock in your area. To help you get your shopping sorted, we’ve also included some handy links to each product so you can pop them in your basket as you go.
We’ve also included some products that aren’t specific to Christmas – because we think they might work well with our other suggestions too!
Vegan Roast Alternatives
Ranging from the much-loved nut roast to new kids on the block like vegan wellingtons and meat-free “gammon” joints, there are plenty of alternatives to choose from that will suit a variety of tastes, including:
- ASDA Extra Special Vegan Wellington
- ASDA Plant Based Nut Roast with Pomegranate & Port Glaze
- ASDA Cranberry Wellington
- ASDA Plant Based Roasted Vegetable Wreath
- Aldi Specially Selected Vegan Camembert Nut Roasts
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Veggie Roast Mix
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Beefless Wellington
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Maple Orange No Gammon Joint
- Clive’s Nut Roast
Vegan Christmas Sides
No Christmas dinner is complete without the trimmings! As well as your favourite veggies, why not try out some of the following:
- Morrisons Plant Revolution 10 No Pigs in Blankets
- ASDA Extra Special Vegan No Pigs in Blankets
- ASDA Free From Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix
- Morrisons Plant Revolution 12 Stuffing Baubles
- ASDA Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix
- ASDA Vegetable Gravy Granules
- ASDA Roast Potatoes
- Aldi Roast Potatoes
If you’re fond of Yorkshire Puddings on your Christmas dinner, why not try this recipe from Crackd? You can find their “No-Egg Egg” alternative in Tesco.
Vegan Christmas Snacks
Sometimes, the best thing about Christmas is the assortment of snacks on offer. We’ve pulled together a quick list of some available in store:
- ASDA Plant Based 9 Festive Meat-Free Sausage Rolls
- ASDA 12 Dazzling Peppermint Candy Canes
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Vegan Shortbread Rounds
- ASDA Extra Special Sea Salted Hand Cooked Sharing Crisps
- ASDA Extra Special Sweet Chilli Hand Cooked Sharing Crisps
- Aldi Let’s Party Vegetable Spring Rolls
Who said cheeseboards can’t be vegan? There are so many varieties you can try:
- Applewood Vegan Smoky Cheese Alternative
- Violife Wedge Prosociano
- Nurishh Plant Based Alternative to Camembert
- Cathedral City Dairy Free Block
- Violife Plant-Based Celebration Cheese Platter 400G
Don’t forget the crackers to go with the cheese:
- ASDA Cream Crackers
- ASDA Water Biscuits
- ASDA Garlic Crackers
- ASDA Sea Salt Crackers
- ASDA Crisp & Savoury Salt & Pepper Crackers
- Ritz Crackers Original
If you’d like some more vegan cheese ideas, check out our Vegan Cheese and Wine blog.
Vegan Christmas Dessert Ideas
Room for pudding? Whether you’re set on a traditional Christmas pudding for after the roast, or want something more extravagant, there’s something for everyone:
- ASDA Christmas Pudding (serves 4)
- ASDA Christmas Pudding (serves 8)
- ASDA Extra Special Vegan Belgian Chocolate Baubles
- ASDA Free From Iced Mince Pies
- ASDA Free From 4 Mince Pies
- ASDA Extra Special Choc Stars Collection
- ASDA Extra Special Free From Truffle Collection
- Just Love Food Chocolate Cake
- Alpro Soya Single Chilled Soya Alternative To Cream
- Alpro Vanilla Custard
- The Coconut Collaborative Vanilla Custard
- The Coconut Collaborative Melt in the Middle Puddings
And for sitting in front of the TV watching a Christmas movie once dinner is over…
This festive season, we’d love to see photos of your vegan Christmas dinner or festive celebration, so tell us more over on Instagram and Twitter at @vegantrademark. You can also join the discussion on TikTok as well as explore some of the products you can try over on Pinterest.
By Joanna Cassin, Brand Marketing Officer
The views expressed by our bloggers are not necessarily the views of The Vegan Society.