As restrictions around the world begin to ease, the Vegan Society’s Vegan Trademark team are gearing up for a busy year of events - releasing details on where brands, businesses and consumers can find them to discuss why vegan labelling is so important in the market.
In what is set to be the busiest year for face-to-face events since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, you’ll be able to spot staff from the Vegan Trademark at a number of plant-based and vegan showcases and festivals across Europe over the next couple of months, including:
- The International Food & Drink Event (IFE) - 21-23 March 2022 at ExCeL, London - The UK’s leading event for food & drink professionals.
- Natural and Organic Products Europe Show – 3-4 April 2022 at ExCeL, London – Europe's biggest trade show for natural and organic products.
- In-Cosmetics Global – 5-7 April 2022 at Pl. de la Porte de Versailles, Paris - The leading global event for personal care ingredients.
- The Food & Drink Show - 25–27 April 2022 at the NEC, Birmingham - The flagship event for retail, wholesale and foodservice audiences.
- Just V London – 1-3 July 2022 at ExCeL, London - The summer event for the celebration of vegan, vegetarian and plant-based living.
- Natural Cosmetics Masterclass – 14 July at Regent’s University, London - This masterclass discusses the opportunities with clean, natural & vegan cosmetics.
- Bread & Jam Festival - 19 - 20 July 2022 at Business Design Centre, London - The must-attend event for ambitious food & drink brands looking to scale fast.
- The Pharmacy Show – 16-17 October 2022 at the NEC, Birmingham – The biggest gathering for pharmacy professionals in over a decade
- Just V Birmingham – 5-6 November at the NEC, Birmingham - The winter event for the celebration of vegan, vegetarian and plant-based living
The plant-based sector is one of the fastest growing food categories with meat and dairy alternatives predicted to be worth €7.5bn in Europe, including the UK, by 2025, up from €4.4bn in 2019. Meanwhile, both the vegan beauty and cosmetics industry have seen rapid growth in the last couple of years. Between 2014 and 2019, there was a 175% increase in vegan cosmetic launches globally.
Eleanor McGregor, Events & Communications Officer at The Vegan Society: “We are really excited to be getting back to physical events this year, and to be exhibiting and partnering with so many forward-thinking event organisers. For our first event of the year, we are thrilled to be working with IFE on the launch of the new Vegan and Plant Based area of the show. Combining our knowledge with the widespread demand for these options that IFE can facilitate will go a long way in getting more vegan products on shelves.”
The Vegan Trademark has been helping users identify that a product is free from animal ingredients since 1990. Registration with the trademark gives brands the confidence to shout about their vegan credentials.
To date, you can find the Vegan Trademark on over 59,000 products worldwide including cosmetics, clothing, food, drink, household items, and many more. To find out more about the Vegan Trademark visit The Vegan Trademark | The Vegan Society.