Sarah, recipe contributor, uses Patak’s curry paste – make sure you buy paste not sauce and get a spice level you enjoy. Unused paste will keep for ages in the fridge.
Serves 4: remember to save the leftovers and fridge/freeze them for later.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp of curry paste
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 6 peeled potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup (156g) of frozen spinach
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pint (284ml) water or stock
- 1 can coconut milk (optional)
- Add the oil and paste along with the onions in a pan. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 10 mins, then add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the stock and coconut milk (if using) and cook for 20 minutes, until the curry is thickened.
- Add the frozen spinach and cook until the spinach is cooked through, then serve.