Don't be put off if you're not a big fan of apples, try substituting with another fruit such as plums or apricots.
- 3 oz / 85g vegan margarine
- 6 oz / 170g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tbsp red jam
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced or grated
- Raw cane sugar to taste
- Rub margarine into flour, mix with a little cold water to make a dough and roll into an oblong shape.
- Spread with jam and apples, sprinkle with sugar and roll, sealing the ends.
- Place in an oven dish and bake at 400F/200C/gas mark 6 until golden. Sprinkle with sugar.