- 160g hard coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (175ml) medjool date paste (make it here)
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp warm water)
- 1 3/4 cups (231g) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup (150ml) soy milk
- 1 cup (175g) mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius and prepare a cupcake tin with 12 medium cupcake wrappers.
- In a medium sized bowl using electric beaters, beat coconut oil until smooth.
- Add date paste and beat for 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Add vanilla beans and flax eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add flour and soy milk and fold into mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake cases.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the cupcakes are firm and well risen.
- Ice if desired, and enjoy!
Recipe and image by Lancey Morris of sweetlancey.com