These brownies make for a cheap yet decadent dessert, using only a few ingredients, for the fudgiest result!
- 325g dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 110ml sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 360ml dairy free milk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g gram flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 75g cacao or cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar or coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Oil a square pan, ideally 20cm by 30cm.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Put the oil, milk, vanilla essence, gram flour, baking powder, cacao and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix and then add chocolate. Mix well before pouring into the pan.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting and taking out if the tray.
Approximate cost* per portion: 53p
Recipe credit to Chef Day Radley at The Vegan Chef School.
*Approximate cost calculated using average prices from three main supermarket retailers in the UK. Price data accurate as of April 2020.