These taste like you’re eating a Twix bar only better cause POPCORN. They literally melt in your mouth with a nice crunch from almonds and salty popcorn. Seriously, these are so good. When Sara made them she had to give them away so she wouldn’t eat the whole batch.
For the cookies:
- 125g vegan butter melted
- 100g firmly packed light brown sugar 1 tsp high quality vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour mixed with 3 tbsp water to dissolve flour
- 225g all-purpose plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven 180C/360F and grease 2 large baking trays.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar, vanilla together until combined.
3. Stir in cornstarch paste.
4. In another small bowl sieve together flour, baking soda, salt and mix together well.
5. Using a wooden spoon or your hands mix together butter and flour mixture until it forms a soft ball of dough.
6. Using a non-stick rolling pin, roll out cookie batter 1cm thick.
7. Using a large cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on baking trayabout 3cm apart.
8. Bake for 10-12 until cookies seem firm on top
9. Remove from oven and let completely cool on trays.
For the caramel popcorn topping:
- 360ml coconut milk
- 300g light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pinch salt
- 20g salted popcorn
- 100g sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp veggie oil
2. Remove from heat and let cool down.
3. Lightly fry almonds in oil until light brown and remove from heat and let cool.
4. Break up popcorn and put on top of each cookie.
7. Allow to set in the fridge until caramel is hard and chewy.
TIP: If you want perfectly round cookies, bake them in silicone egg rings, cutting them with a cookie cutter about half a cm smaller than the egg rings. Then leave them in the egg rings when you add topping. Let them completely set before removing the rings.
Vegan Baking FB Group: https://bit.ly/2rWrWc2