Served with some ice cream, these chocolate brownies are a decadent end to any meal.
- 2½ oz (75g) margarine
- 1½ oz (45g / 5 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 2½ fl oz (75ml) soya milk
- 7 oz (200g) caster sugar
- 6 oz (170g) rice flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ oz (20 g / 2½ tbsp) cocoa powder
- 4 oz (115g) caster sugar
- 7½ fl oz (210ml) soya milk
- 2½ fl oz (75 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 dssp vanilla essence
- 1 rounded dssp ground flax seed
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
- Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan and gently bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute, stirring well. Put saucepan into a bowl of cold water and beat sauce until it cools and thickens. Set aside.
- Sieve flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, cocoa and sugar into a bowl. Mix soya milk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and flax seed together. Stir flours, soya milk mixture and sauce together - do not overmix.
- Place in a greased and lined tin roughly 10" x 8" and bake for 30 minutes.