The best vegan and wheat-free quesadilla recipe, served with fresh salad and homemade Mexican sides! Serves 4-5.
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 3 large plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 carton of cooked kidney beans
- 4 green jalapeños (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp fajita seasoning
- Gluten-free wraps
- Grated vegan cheese
- Heat up the oil in a large wok.
- Shallow fry the chopped onion and garlic on a low heat until golden, then add in the red and yellow pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes until softened, then add in the kidney beans, tomato, jalapeños and seasoning.
- Cook for around 5-10 minutes until soft. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking!
- Line baking trays with grease proof paper and lay down the tortilla wraps.
- Divide the filling onto each wrap (only one half) and follow with grated vegan cheese. Fold over the torilla wrap.
- Cook for around 5 minutes or until lightly brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut the quesadillas in half, and serve whilst warm.
Recipe from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan
Since you're here...
Join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 100 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, podcast extra, access to a vegan dietitian and a community of vegans and much more.