You can't open a newspaper these days without reading about the wonders of kale - if you're not a massive fan of the green stuff, this is a subtle way of incorporating it into your diet. Serves 4.
- 6 cups (2 1/2 pints / 1 1/2 litres) vegetable stock
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 1/4 cup (1 lb / 450g) sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 x 400g tin chick peas
- 7/8 cup (6 oz / 170g) millet
- Approximately 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 cup (4 oz / 115g) peanut butter
- 2 cups (3 oz / 85g) chopped kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat a large saucepan and add 1-2 tbsp of vegetable stock. Add garlic and onion and saute until soft.
- Add the rest of the stock, sweet potatoes, chick peas, millet and a drop or two of soy sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove some of the stew liquid from the saucepan, blend with peanut butter and return to the saucepan.
- Add the kale and cook for 5 min. Season to taste with lemon juice and soya sauce, adding a little at a time.