This recipe is easy, simple and quick to make and full of delicious flavour!
For the pizza base
See flatbread recipe or use a ready made pizza base from the supermarket, or even a pitta
For the pesto sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (45g) pine nut kernels
- 2/3 cup (155ml) light olive oil
- 1/3 cup (20g) nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the toppings
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup (200g) cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Rocket leaves
- Basil leaves
- Vegan cheese
For the basil pesto
- Place the pine kernels into a large wok/pan and lightly roast until light brown.
- Place the roasted pine kernels, garlic cloves, basil leaves, oil, yeast and seasoning into a food processor/blender and whizz up until smooth.
- This will take around 2 minutes on high.
- Spread a good amount of pesto onto the flatbread base and top with your favourite toppings.
- Pop the pizza into the oven and cook for around 2-5 minutes, or until the vegan cheese has melted.
- Peel, de-stone and slice the avocado and place on top of the pizza.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe taken from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan