Pasta is always a go to quick and easy meal option.
- 350g of spaghetti
- 2 avocados (de-stoned and peeled)
- 2 medium shallots
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Coriander (optional)
- In a large pan on the hob, pour in water to the top and sprinkle in some salt and a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Once the water has come to the boil, place in the spaghetti.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, make the sauce. Place the avocados, garlic, shallots, lime juice, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and oil into a food processor and whizz up until smooth. This will take a few minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is soft and has fully cooked, drain the pasta and place into a large wok.
- Add 1/2 a cup of boiling water to the avocado sauce and mix the sauce into the steaming pasta.
- Gently heat until the desired temperature.
- Serve whilst warm and enjoy.
Recipe taken from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan