Pasta is always a go to quick and easy meal option.
- 350g of spaghetti
- 2 avocados (de-stoned and peeled)
- 2 medium shallots
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Coriander (optional)
- In a large pan on the hob, pour in water to the top and sprinkle in some salt and a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Once the water has come to the boil, place in the spaghetti.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, make the sauce. Place the avocados, garlic, shallots, lime juice, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and oil into a food processor and whizz up until smooth. This will take a few minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is soft and has fully cooked, drain the pasta and place into a large wok.
- Add 1/2 a cup of boiling water to the avocado sauce and mix the sauce into the steaming pasta.
- Gently heat until the desired temperature.
- Serve whilst warm and enjoy.
Recipe taken from Holly Jade at The Little Blog of Vegan
Since you're here...
Join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 100 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, podcast extra, access to a vegan dietitian and a community of vegans and much more.