- 40 dried Italian bread
- 50-60ml vegan milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5ml olive oil 30g spinach, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 10ml virgin olive oil
- 7g parsley finely chopped
- 15-25g wheat flour
- 5ml olive oil
- Break the bread into small pieces and pour just enough milk to moisten the bread. Set aside.
- Sauté the onions and add this to the bread together with the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, oil and parsley.
- Add just enough flour so that the mix holds together.
- Form very compact balls slightly smaller than a golf ball in size and place them into a steamer.
- Cover and allow to cook for 12 minutes. Remove and lightly sauté in olive oil.
Copyright: The Vegan Society 2018 Recipe development: Chico Francesco, London Vegetarian & Vegan School https://londonvegetarianschool.co.uk/ Food stylist: Jo Brewer Photographer: Sue Hiscoe Ceramics by Gemma Whitaker.