With its subtler flavour white miso lends itself to the richness of chocolate. Serves 4.
For the chocolate & miso mousse:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 70g Medjool pitted dates
- 250ml pack coconut cream
- ½ tbsp Tideford white miso
For the sesame brittle:
- 50g sesame seeds
- 150g caster sugar
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie.*
- Put the dates, miso and 100ml cold water into a blender. Blitz until only small flecks of dates remain. Add the coconut cream and blitz for approx 2-3 mins, until smooth.
- Add the chocolate to the coconut cream. Blitz for a further 1-2 mins until bubbly.
- Run the mousse through a sieve. Pour it into four moulds (or drinking glasses). Transfer to the fridge for 3-4 hours, until set.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add the sesame seeds to a non-stick saucepan. Toast over a medium-high heat for 1-2mins, until golden brown. Stir or toss occasionally. Tip the seeds into a bowl or mug.
- Add the sugar to saucepan. Warm over a low heat for 2-3 mins. Do not stir the sugar. When the caramel is amber in colour, stir in your sesame seeds.
- Tip the caramel onto your prepared greaseproof and quickly spread out into a thin sheet. Set aside and allow the brittle to cool.
- When you’re ready to serve the dessert, smash the brittle into shards (a rolling pin comes in handy for this).