A simple but flavourful soup that can be ready in minutes! Perfect for a light starter. Serves 4.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 450g frozen peas
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 50g raw cashews
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions and garlic, until softened. Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cashews, then add the stock and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into four serving bowls and top with a swirl of dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt.
Credit: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen Copyright: The Vegan Society, 2018