Time to spice up your holidays with a little vegan eggnog. This thick and creamy homemade drink will have you wishing it was Christmas every day of the year! Serves 6.
- 3/4 cup (113g) cashews (soaked and drained for 30 minutes)
- 6 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) of water
- Optional: 2-3 shots of rum
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute
- Serve and enjoy, or seal in airtight mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Laura Marquis is the author of Sweets in the Raw, a dessert cookbook focused on delicious treats that are sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free.
Since you're here...
Join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 100 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, podcast extra, access to a vegan dietitian and a community of vegans and much more.