Serve with neeps and tatties and celebrate Burns' night in style. Don't forget a wee dram too...
- 2 oz vegan margarine
- 4 oz oats
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 oz chopped mixed nuts
- 200g tin kidney beans (drained)
- 4 oz mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 medium / large carrot (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp yeast extract (optional)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper
- Small sprigs thyme, parsley, sage (finely chopped)
- Small scraping nutmeg
- Juice from half a lime
- Nip of whisky
- Toast the oats in a saucepan with the margarine until golden brown - be careful not to burn them, keep stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Fry the onions in the walnut oil. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly for 5 minutes to ensure flavours combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a medium/hot oven.