This dish can be prepared the day before. Just store the different vegetables separately in the fridge. Take them out an hour or so before you want to serve so they are at room temperature.
- 250g squash – peeled and cubed
- 250g beetroot cut into cubes
- 50g small stalks of watercress
- 4 fresh sage leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme
- 50g crushed walnuts
- 30g dried cranberries, preferably sugar-free
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Put the squash and beetroot onto a baking tray. You do not need to add oil.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes and beetroot for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool and store separately until needed.
- Mix together the watercress with the sage and thyme, store until needed.
- Mix together the walnuts and cranberries, store until needed.
- To assemble the salad, put the watercress on one side, put the nuts and cranberries on the plate then add the roasted squash and beetroot on top.
- Mix together the dressing and spoon over before serving.