If you've never cooked with quinoa, don't be scared, it's actually really easy to prepare. This is a great recipe for those who've wanted to give this superfood a try but didn't know where to begin.
- 2 cups (16 floz / 480ml) water
- 3 1/2 cups (7 oz / 200g) quinoa
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp each fresh rosemary and fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Bring the water to the boil over a high heat in a small lidded saucepan and add the quinoa and half the salt.
- Cover, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, until all water has been absorbed.
Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the oil and saute the garlic for 20 seconds.
Stir in the parsley, rosemary and thyme and season with the remaining salt and the pepper. After 30 seconds remove the frying pan from the heat and set aside.
- When the quinoa is cooked, add it to the frying pan and stir to combine. Add the basil, stir again and serve immediately.