- 200 g soya mince, soaked if using dried
- 200 g calcium-set firm tofu, pressed
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- 250 g pack filo pastry
- 50 g reduced fat vegan margarine, melted
- 100 g soya yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 100 g brown rice (dry weight), to serve
- 4 red peppers, roasted
For the crunchy vegetable salad
- 80 g grated carrot
- 80 g tomato
- 80 g iceberg lettuce
- Mix together the soya mince, tofu, red onion and garlic and season.
- Lay the sheets of filo pastry out so they overlap and form a length of 4' long, adding layers on top of each other. Spread the soya mince mix all along one long edge of the filo leaving a 3" gap to the other long edge. Fold the 3" of filo over the top of the soya mince then press down to firm up. Roll up into a long sausage shape. Starting at one end, twist up and roll to form a pinwheel.
- Place this onto a lined baking sheet. Brush with the melted margarine and bake in a preheated oven on a medium heat until golden and crisp.
- Mix together the soya yoghurt, coriander, paprika and flat leaf parsley to make a dressing.
- Serve the burek with the brown rice, roasted peppers, salad and dressing.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 recipe)
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|