A dish that’s easy to whip up with a few cupboard essentials, making it a midweek lifesaver.
- Spray oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp onion granules
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 150 g brown rice (dry weight), cooked
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 tin black beans, drained
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- 250 g soya yoghurt
- 4 wholemeal wraps, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and peppers and cook until tender.
- Add the paprika, cinnamon, garlic and onion granules and chilli flakes to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the rice, sweetcorn, kidney beans and black beans; combine thoroughly and cook.
- When everything has heated through, add the cherry tomatoes, spring onions and coriander and leave to rest for 5 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Divide the rice into 4 equal portions and top with soya yoghurt. Serve with the wraps – these can also be cut into triangles and baked in the oven to make tortilla style crisps or baked inside bowls to make taco bowls.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 recipe)
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|