Peanut butter… the way to a vegan’s heart. This dish is comforting and satisfying.
- 100 g crunchy peanut butter
- 50 g sweet chilli sauce
- 50 ml water
- Spray oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 150 g carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp onion granules
- 200 g brown rice (dry weight), cooked, to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 100 g spinach
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 200 g calcium-set tofu, pressed and cut in half
- Mix together the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and 50 ml water to make the satay sauce.
- In a large frying pan or wok, add the oil and heat over a high flame. Add the peppers, broccoli and carrot strips and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and onion granules and mix thoroughly with the veg. Add the cooked brown rice and stir to heat through. Add the coriander, spinach and spring onions and mix through. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- In a non-stick frying pan, add the oil, heat and then add the tofu. Cook the tofu on both sides until golden and crisp. Add the satay sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Serve the tofu on top of the rice and dress with the satay sauce.
TIP: Look for calcium in the ingredients list of your tofu
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 recipe)
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|