We recommend making a big batch of this and freezing for busy days. You won’t regret it.
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 red chillies, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tins butter beans, drained
- 500 ml water
- 2 tsp low salt vegan bouillon
- 200 ml soya milk
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 200 g soya yoghurt (plain and unfortified)
- 4 slices crusty wholemeal bread, to serve
- Put the sweet potato, garlic, onion, chilli and carrots on a tray and mix with the oil. Roast in a preheated oven on a medium heat until tender.
- When the veg is roasted, add to a large saucepan along with the butter beans, water and bouillon. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the soya milk and blend to a smooth puree. Return to the heat and check the seasoning.
- Mix the coriander and soya yoghurt together.
- Divide the soup into bowls and top with the yoghurt and coriander dressing. Serve with crusty wholemeal bread.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 recipe)
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|