Coleslaw pairs perfectly with almost any dish, making it a classic family favourite. A vegan version can be made simply by switching one ingredient in the mayonnaise. This recipe makes around 8 portions and has a hint of lemon zest for a citrus kick.
- ½ white cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 14 sugar snap peas (sliced)
- 50ml aquafaba
- ½ lemon (juice and zest)
- ½ tsp mustard
- 180ml rapeseed oil
- 5g parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Thinly slice the cabbage into shreds.
- Wash and grate the carrot.
- Wash and slice the sugar snap peas.
- Using a stick blender, electric whisk or whisking vigorously by hand – mix the aquafaba, mustard and lemon juice continuously.
- Slowly drizzle the oil from a jug whilst continuing to mix well until the mixture thickens.
- Once thickened to a mayonnaise consistency, add the lemon zest, parsley and salt and mix well.
- Combine all ingredients together, and garnish with more chopped parsley.
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|