A delicious start to the day, great with veganized full english breakfasts or in breakfast burritos! The possibilities are endless.
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz / 285g) plain tofu
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp herbs (chives or parsley)
- salt and pepper to season
- wholemeal toast spread with margarine
- Mash the tofu evenly and fry it in the vegetable oil until evenly cooked.
- Add the turmeric, herbs and season to taste. Cook a further few minutes. Serve on crispy wholemeal toast spread with margarine.
You can also add fried mushrooms, sweet or hot peppers, onions, garlic... anything you like to vary the recipe.