The Vegan Society Grant
What is it?
The Vegan Society Grant is open to individuals and grassroots organisations. It exists to support projects which will encourage non-vegans to go vegan and stay vegan.
How much money can I request?
There will be no maximum grant but a typical award would be no more than £1,000. The more detail you can give us about how this money would be spent, the better.
What are you looking for?
We are looking for projects that:
- Raise public awareness of veganism in a positive way
- Promote veganism in a unique or exciting way to non-vegans
- Support people from marginalised backgrounds to access veganism
Am I eligible to apply?
You can apply if you are all of the below:
- A vegan
- A non-profit organisation or individual with a non-profit project
- Not a Vegan Society staff member or trustee
Do's and Don'ts
- Make sure you or your organisation have not been funded by us before
- Focus your project on the benefits of veganism other than or as well as the health benefits
- Write a well-structured application that gives precise details
- Have a strong and central focus on veganism
- Make sure your project is due to take place four months or more from the date of your application
- Consider the environment! Have a plan to keep your impact to a minimum
- Target a non-vegan audience
- Use positive and non-confrontational messaging and tactics
- Have a knowledge of any practical or legal issues involved
- Aim your project at children in a school setting
- Reproduce work already done by The Vegan Society or other similar organisations
- Apply if your project has run successfully previously and therefore could do so again
- Request funds for general running costs, such as fuel
- Apply unless you are a not for profit organisation
- Pay staff to work on your project unless explicitly necessary
- Charge people to partake in your project or make your project inaccessible to particular groups of people e.g. disabled people
What types of projects have you funded in the past?
Recently we have funded a range of exciting projects and events. These have included an interdisciplinary research conference at Glasgow University, an event to engage Christians with veganism, an art exhibition with a focus on activism, and a vegan food bank project.
Conditions of receiving a grant
- As a recipient of a grant you are required to acknowledge the Society on all promotional materials and in any media coverage. A file containing the Vegan Society logo will be sent to all successful applicants
- Copies of promotional material and any press coverage of your project should be included with your final report. Photographs of the event or project in action are also required. If these are of high quality, they may be included on our website or in the magazine
- A Vegan Society representative may attend your event
- You must submit your report and invoice for the final 25% of your grant within two months of the completion date of your project, otherwise this will not be awarded
Take plenty of good, high resolution photos. Go here for photography suggestions and to download our consent form to obtain legal permission to photograph attendees or participants.
Ready to apply? Click here
You must have an account and be logged in to apply. You can create an account or login through our member's area.
For more information, please contact grants[at]vegansociety[dot]com.