Perhaps not for the pineapple-on-pizza deniers – but we think this is delicious.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp garlic puree
- 3 tsp ginger puree
- 6 vine tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tins cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 tin pineapple, diced and water reserved
- 100 g spinach leaves
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 200 g brown basmati rice (dry weight), cooked, to serve
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the garlic and ginger puree. Cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato and cook until the tomato has started to break down.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, mustard, caraway and coriander seeds and mix to combine. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomato puree and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chickpeas, diced pineapple and also the water from the tin. Cook for 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the spinach leaves and chopped coriander and stir through. Turn off the heat and allow the spinach to wilt in the heat. Serve with brown basmati rice.
TIP: Swap to spray oil for a lower fat meal
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 recipe)
|Kcal||Carbs (g)||Fibre (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturates (g)||Sugars (g)||Salt (g)|